The Department for Education has published an evaluation of family intervention services and projects
The HM Inspectorate of Constabulary has published a joint inspection into the provision of appropriate adults for children in custody and accommodation in local authorities.
NHS reforms will affect safeguardingchildren
|Children and Young People Now report on how NHS reforms will affect safeguarding children. It discusses: the difficulties with recruitment and handover of statutory responsibility for safeguarding to clinical commissioning groups; and the draft accountability framework for safeguarding children which is being developed by the chief nursing officer.
|Source: Children & Young People Now 13 December 2011
Home Office Consultation on the definition of domestic violence
The DFE Statistics on the Outcomes of Children Looked After
Prime Ministers troubled families Speech
|The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has delivered a speech setting out the government’s approach to troubled families. Plans include: a family worker for the most troubled families who will provide a single point of contact; and the government to allocate £448m to fund 40% of the cost for tackling troubled families on a payment by results basis with local councils paying the other 60%.
Troubled families speech transcript
|Source: Cabinet Office 15 December 2011
Welsh Flying Start Programme